WSET's Level 2 Award in Wines is a beginner- to intermediate-level qualification exploring wines, suitable for industry professionals and wine enthusiasts.
How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 SAT
Who can participate?
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is intended for beginners or those seeking to build on the introductory knowledge gained with the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines.
What you'll learn
- How to produce the wine
- Main grape varieties of the world
- Main wine regions of the world
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines.
- sparkling wines of the world
- Sweet wines and fortified wines
- How to read a label
- Food and wine pairing
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
- Final exam
In 3 days we will taste more than 40 wines from all over the world!
A one-hour closed-book examination comprised of 50 multiple-choice questions.
The exams will be sent to London
Results are graded as follows:
- Mark of 85% and above Pass with Distinction
- Mark of between 70% and 84% Pass with Merit
- Mark of between 55% and 69% Pass
- Mark of between 45% and 54% Fail
Registration and requirements
- Personal study and revision
- Candidates applying to sit the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines examination must be over the legal minimum age (18 years old)
- End of bookings: 15 days before the start of the course
- The fee for an individual course must be paid before the start of the course
- Whats is included: 3 days lessons live, the ebooks, tasting of more than 40 wines
- On successful completion of the examination you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
- Possibility to have lunch in the Signorvino shop (with discount)