For individuals new to wine study, this qualification provides a hands-on introduction to the world of wine. You’ll explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately, and make food and wine pairings.
Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
Who can participate?
You must be of legal drinking age, to participate in any alcohol tasting.
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions.
The exams will be sent to London
Registration and requirements
- You must be of legal drinking age to participate in any alcohol tasting.
- It is better to book the course as soon as possible, to have more time to study.
- The fee for an individual course must be paid before the start of the course
- The cost includes the lesson in class, the ebook and the tasting of the wines.
- Possibility to have lunch in the Signorvino shop (with discount)
Stefanie (verified owner) –
I attended the WSET Level 1 course in Verona with a friend. We were both extremely impressed with how professionally the course was organized and with Matteo’s vast knowledge of wine. We enjoyed that although there is a lot of theory in the course, Matteo also did practical examples that helped us understand the material with much more confidence. We were surprised with the amount of things we learned and remembered once the course was over! We also decided we will definitely return to do Level 2 with Matteo, as the courses are clearly beneficial if you have any interest in wine. We both rate this course 5 stars and would highly recommend it.
Matteo Girardi –
Thanks Stefanie!! Such beautiful review… I am happy you really enjoyed my WSET course and I will wait you for the 2nd level!!!! See you soon Matteo