Who can participate?
An advanced level qualification for professionals working in the wine industry and for wine enthusiasts.
To partecipate is fundamental to have the Level 2 Certification or an equivalent knowledge
The level 3 is requested to do the level 4 (Diploma WSET)
Unit 1 is assessed by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions and a short-written answer paper (2 hours). Unit 2 is assessed by a blind tasting of two wines (30 minutes).
The exams will be sent to London
Results are graded as follows:
- Aggregate mark of 80% and above with no individual examination paper below 65% Pass with Distinction
- Aggregate mark of between 65% and 79% Pass with Merit
- Aggregate mark of between 55% and 64% Pass
- Aggregate mark of between 45% and 54% Fail
- Aggregate mark of 44% and below Fail unclassified
Registration and requirements
- Candidates applying to sit the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines examination must be over the legal minimum age (18 years old)
- The fee for an individual course must be paid before the start of the course
- The cost includes the five days of lessons, the final examination, the ebook and the tasting of more 70 wines from all over the world.